Use An Inbox For Quick Capture To Avoid Distraction
Holding lots of things in your head takes up valuable space.
This scatters your focus leaving you distracted and unable to concentrate on your work. You may also become so distracted that you forget what your initial focus was in the first place.
How can you conquer these problems?
Create an inbox to capture these thoughts and ideas as they come to mind.
Here’s why this works:
An inbox keeps track of the stuff taking up space in your mind. This means you don’t have to worry about remembering it all.
- Your mind is always thinking in the background.
- If each thought were a word, you would generate enough to produce a book every day.
- An inbox will pull these thoughts out of your mind and into a format you can process whenever you feel like.
You can overcome distractions by writing things down to come back to later.
- Inspiration can strike at any moment. Unfortunately, the epiphany often comes when you’re working on an important project that needs your full focus.
- Instead of wandering down the rabbit hole created by that thought, capture it in your inbox and return to work.
- Once you have captured the idea, your full focus can return to your work. You can come back to the idea later in the day when you have time to process it.
Process Your Inbox Often To Stay Up To Date.
- A daily or weekly review of your inbox will help you clear out the clutter and process the valuable nuggets of information.
Some Examples Of Inboxes: Bullet journal, Todoist, Notion, Obsidian