Why You Should Plan Your Day Ahead Of Time
Planning your day ahead of time is the most beneficial routine you can add to your life. Whether it’s the day before or first thing in the morning, knowing what’s ahead of you will help you to work more effectively.
Here’s why planning your day ahead of time has so much value:
You can focus on the work, not what to work on
- The less friction there is to starting a task, the easier it will be to do.
- The hard work of deciding what to work on has already been decided for you.
You can plan your perfect day
- Planning out your perfect day will help you to realize what you want to be spending your time on.
- You won’t always achieve a perfect day of work but it’s something you can work towards.
It gives you the space to reflect and improve
- At the end of each day, before you plan for tomorrow, you can look back at what you accomplished.
- By examining what went well and what you could improve upon, you’ll get 1% better each day.
Without planning, you’ll live in reaction mode
- Without having a plan to work on, you’ll fall into the trap of reacting to work that’s sent your way.
- This type of work generally has little meaning and doesn’t move you towards your goals.
Add daily planning into your life operating system and I guarantee you’ll see noticeable improvements to your productivity and mind.